For updated neonatal, paediatric and adult blood culture sampling guidelines, please see the CEC Sepsis Kills Resource page. If you have questions or comments about the process, please add them as comments and we will assemble a more comprehensive list of FAQ related to blood cultures and sepsis diagnosis.
Abdomen/GIT AMS strategy Antibiograms Antimicrobial Bloodstream CNS Infections Dentistry General Practice Guidelines Health Pathology NSW HNE LHD Hospital practice Infection prevention Journal paper Microbiology Myths & Misconceptions News Patient information Respiratory Salutary tale SexuallyTxDis Skin/soft tissue Uncategorized Urinary tract infections Weird facts
Top Posts & Pages
- Q10 - Remembering antibiotics and their classes
- Is it cellulitis? The case of itchy red legs
- What is the most abundant organism on Earth? Not what you'd think!
- Is it really cellulitis? - differential diagnosis of a red leg
- Alternative recommended antibiotics to ceftriaxone by syndrome and bug
- Why do Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria show different antibiotic susceptibility patterns?
- Cellulitis 101 - importance of routine skin care
- Flucloxacillin is highly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes (group A strep) and related species
- What are cumulative antibiograms ?
- Oral antibiotics for paronychia: unexpected outcomes of 'killing a fly with a cannon'
02 4014 3695