For updated neonatal, paediatric and adult blood culture sampling guidelines, please see the CEC Sepsis Kills Resource page. If you have questions or comments about the process, please add them as comments and we will assemble a more comprehensive list of FAQ related to blood cultures and sepsis diagnosis.
Abdomen/GIT AMS strategy Antibiograms Antimicrobial Bloodstream Dentistry General Practice Guidelines Health Pathology NSW HNE LHD Hospital practice Infection prevention Journal paper Microbiology Myths & Misconceptions News Patient information Respiratory Salutary tale SexuallyTxDis Skin/soft tissue Uncategorized Urinary tract infections Weird facts
Top Posts & Pages
- Is it cellulitis? The case of itchy red legs
- Q10 - Remembering antibiotics and their classes
- Why do Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria show different antibiotic susceptibility patterns?
- Is it really cellulitis? - differential diagnosis of a red leg
- Antibiograms (2017)
- Trap - cellulitis or an acute Charcot's foot ?
- Piperacillin+tazobactam shortage - recommended alternatives - HNELHD
- What are cumulative antibiograms ?
- Flucloxacillin is highly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes (group A strep) and related species
- Alternative recommended antibiotics to ceftriaxone by syndrome and bug
02 4014 3695