For updated neonatal, paediatric and adult blood culture sampling guidelines, please see the CEC Sepsis Kills Resource page. If you have questions or comments about the process, please add them as comments and we will assemble a more comprehensive list of FAQ related to blood cultures and sepsis diagnosis.
Abdomen/GIT Allergy AMS strategy Antibiograms Antimicrobial Bloodstream CNS Infections Dentistry General Practice Guidelines Health Pathology NSW HNE LHD Hospital practice Infection prevention Journal paper Microbiology Myths & Misconceptions News Patient information Respiratory Salutary tale SexuallyTxDis Skin/soft tissue Uncategorized Urinary tract infections Weird facts
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria show different antibiotic susceptibility patterns?
- Is it cellulitis? The case of itchy red legs
- What is the most abundant organism on Earth? Not what you'd think!
- Cellulitis 101 - importance of routine skin care
- Is it really cellulitis? - differential diagnosis of a red leg
- Alternative recommended antibiotics to ceftriaxone by syndrome and bug
- Patient advice: recurrent staphylococcal infection
- Flucloxacillin is highly effective against Streptococcus pyogenes (group A strep) and related species
- Q10 - Remembering antibiotics and their classes
- Piperacillin+tazobactam shortage - recommended alternatives - HNELHD
02 4014 3695