Guest posting: A/Prof Josh Davis, Infectious Diseases Physician, John Hunter Hospital, NSW, Principal Research Fellow, Menzies School of Health Research, NT, Australia.
The HCV treatment landscape is rapidly changing!
- Key unresolved questions include:
- How to upscale roll out to GPs
- How much monitoring is needed with DAAs
- How to treat “special populations”:
- Renal disease
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- ?Role of DAAs in PEP and prevention of MTCT
Image credit: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~dewolfe/virus.html