What antibiotic are you? Take this short quiz !
Above items are from Kristi Kozierowski (AMS Pharmacist at John Hunter Hospital). Thanks Kristi!
Key Messages (Australian Commission for Safety and Quality in Healthcare)
- Antibiotics are a precious resource that could be lost.
- Antibiotic resistance is happening now – it is a worldwide problem that affects human and animal health.
- Antibiotic resistance happens when bacteria stops an antibiotic from working effectively – meaning some infections may be impossible to treat.
- Few new antibiotics are being developed to help solve this problem.
- Misuse of antibiotics contributes to antibiotic resistance.
- Whenever antibiotics must be used, they must be used with care.
- NSW Clinical Excellence Commission Antibiotic Awareness 2018 site
- National Prescribing Service (NPS-Medicines Wise) Antibiotic Awareness 2018 website